The theory test consists of 2 parts, multiple choice questions and hazard perception, click here for more information.
How to prepare for your theory test, click here for more information.
The quickest and easiest way to book and manage your practical test is online. To book your practical test online you .need:
- your valid Great Britain or Northern Ireland provisional driving licence number
- your credit or debit card details
- a theory test pass date and certificate number (one or another)
To check, change or cancel your DVSA practical test online, please click here.
For more information on, click on the links below:
- What documents to bring with you
- What happens during your practical test
- 'show me, tell me' questions
- Independent driving
Pass Plus is a scheme designed by the Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency, with the help of the motor insurance and driving instruction industries, to help new drivers to gain confidence and experience after they pass their test.
Pass Plus will help you to:
- develop existing skills
- learn new skills and techniques
- improve anticipation and awareness
- learn how to reduce the risk of accidents
- maintain a courteous and considerate attitude on the road
Discounts on car insurance
With Pass Plus, you could reduce your car insurance premiums or get an extra no-claims bonus.
For more information on Pass Plus, please click here.
You could also get local councils offering discounts, please click here for more information.